Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
Rum, pineapple, and coconut--what's not to love about that??
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup white rum (do not use dark rum) or 1⁄4 cup golden rum (do not use dark rum)
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- In another larger bowl, whisk the cream of coconut, pineapple, rum, and egg until blended; stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Prepare muffin tin by spraying cups and the rims around them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 23 minutes or until muffins are well browned and a pick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan (gently tip each muffin to one side to make sure it isn't stuck--if one is stuck, gently rock back and forth to release from pan) and cool 5 minutes on rack.