Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious twist on cheesecake for the summer! From the Breast of Friends! Also tastes good with a little toasted coconut on top! Cooking time is chilling time. Not sure if the pouch of gelatin size is right as my pouches don't have a measurement on them (I used Knox).
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (7 g) envelopes gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup coconut rum
- 1 (1 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- CRUST: Mix together ingredients and press into a 9inch springform pan. Bake at 400 F for 5 minutes.
- FILLING: Sprinkle gelatin over rum to soften.
- Combine pineapple, sugar, salt, and egg in saucepan, stir in softened gelatin and heat, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat cream cheese and whipped cream until smooth and add to pineapple mixture, then beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour over crust and chill for 4 hours.