Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not your old box Mac and Cheese ! I found this Recipe on ifood when looking for a Grown Up style Mac & Cheese and I think this is it ! Making this in 4 individual serving bowls, and I top with crumbled bacon and bread crumbs just before removing from oven that last few minutes of cooking to give it just a little extra grown up touch.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water for approximately 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir flour into the melted butter until combined. Stirring ocassionally, cook for 2 minutes'.
- Add milk and keep stirring until flour mixture has has thickened. Once thickened, add 1 cup of Palmetto Cheese and remove from the heat.
- Stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In oven safe bowls combine macaroni and the cheese sauce until mixed thoroughly. Spoon remaining Palmetto Cheese over the top. Bake at 350F until bubbly, approximately 25 minutes.
- Right before removing from oven, top with crumbled bacon and bread crumbs if desired.