Chef #379453's Note:
Not your old box Mac and Cheese ! I found this Recipe on ifood when looking for a Grown Up style Mac & Cheese and I think this is it ! Making this in 4 individual serving bowls, and I top with crumbled bacon and bread crumbs just before removing from oven that last few minutes of cooking to give it just a little extra grown up touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb macaroni (try something other than elbow!)
- 14 ounces pimento cheese (regular or jalepeno)
- 1/4 cup margarine (Brummel & Brown)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- bacon crumbles and fine breadcrumbs
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling water for approximately 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir flour into the melted butter until combined. Stirring ocassionally, cook for 2 minutes'.
- 3Add milk and keep stirring until flour mixture has has thickened. Once thickened, add 1 cup of Palmetto Cheese and remove from the heat.
- 4Stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5In oven safe bowls combine macaroni and the cheese sauce until mixed thoroughly. Spoon remaining Palmetto Cheese over the top. Bake at 350F until bubbly, approximately 25 minutes.
- 6Right before removing from oven, top with crumbled bacon and bread crumbs if desired.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pimento Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: