Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I like Deviled Eggs and I like Pimento Cheese, and thought " Why not combine the two ? "This recipe only makes enough for 2, so if you need more, adjust everything accordingly. Now with the amounts of the ingredients they are just " guesstimates ". So if you want to add more salt,pepper,sugar, and paprika that's strictly up to you." Cook time " is chill time.Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " )on April 24th.2012
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made these pimento cheese stuffed eggs for an appetizer on New Year's Eve. I increased the number of eggs, but didn't exactly double the ingredients as it would be too much pimento cheese as the other reviewer mentioned. Down here in the South, pimento cheese is a staple and we loved it in these eggs.
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons pimento cheese spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, if needed
- sweet paprika (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs lengthwise,remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Combine pimento cheese,sugar,salt, and pepper with the yolks and mix well.
- If extra moisture is needed, add mayonnaise a little at a time until desired texture is reached.
- If desired top with paprika and chopped green onions.
- Chill for at least two hours.