Recipe by Ambervim
I never liked pimento cheese until I moved south and had some made fresh. All the difference. I like this as it gives a kick with the jalapeno. The red bell pepers can be roasted fresh or from a jar. This recipe will work well on a picnic as there is no mayo. To use as a dip, increase the yogurt.
- 24 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (for me, sharper the better or use a few different ones)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces pimiento, drained and diced
- 12 ounces red bell peppers, roasted and cleaned (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If all the ingredients won't fit in your food processor, scale the recipe down.
- Process the cream cheese, and everything after it by pulsing 5 to 6 times or to desired consistency.
- Place in a bowl. Add cheese. Blend well.
- Cover and chill up to 1 day.
- Serve with crackers or bread. Nice for tea sandwiches.