1/1 Photo of Pillsbury Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
8 hrs 15 mins
My Youngest Daughter knows how I love recipe books and brought me home this smallish paperback Pillsbury Slow-Cooker Recipe Book where I found this recipe. It is easy peasy, the fragrance whilst it cooked made the house smell so amazing, and the flavor was so very delicous. I have found myself a new comfort food!!! The recipe suggests for a nutricious option adding a thinly sliced zucchini to the soup ingredients. It also states 4 servings, but I found that we had leftovers with four servings which I am NOT complaining about.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, dried minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth (4 cups if using homemade)
- 4 corn tortillas, 6 inch tortillas cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Spray 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker mix all soup ingredients except cilantro.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- 3Stir in Cilantro and increase heat setting to high. Cook 15 minutes longer.
- 4Serve with the garnishes, or add your own twist to this with your favorite items.
- 6So you have last minute dinner plans and didn't start this in the slow cooker? I have made this in a large soup kettle on the stove allowing to cook for approximately 3-4 hours and still wound up with the same delicious and tasty soup. Give it a try either way.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pillsbury Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1085.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 33.5 g