Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A "must-have" dish at maximun Indian parties and goes with every occasion. 'Tis a sure hit with everyone and will be over as soon as you begin serving!!!!
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 3 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch long thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by cooking the rice following your normal method.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, boil the water.
- Add the corn and carrots and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a heavy non-stick pan heat the oil.
- Add the turmeric, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, onions, cashewnuts, onions, garlic, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Saute until the onions soften.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked vegetables and salt, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix very nicely.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve hot!