Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from my sister in South Carolina..
- 8 potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- lasagna noodle
- Cook taters -- drain off water.
- Mash taters with 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup sour cream and milk (as needed). Add salt & pepper to taste. Mixture should be slighty soupy.
- Cube & melt Velveeta cheese on low setting in microwave. Add to potato mixture.
- Cook & Drain pasta. Add 1 stick butter.
- Chop & Saute Onion with 1 stick butter.
- Layer Taters, Pasta, & Onions in 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake uncovered -- 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Chef, you do not show the amount of pasta or what type of pasta in your ingredients. Several zaarites have asked about this.