Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
After a quick trip to the farmers market one weekend, my sister in-law and I came home with WAY too many tomatoes...the solution?..make Pico de Gallo! Served with warm tortilla chips..this quick and easy recipe is sure to please. **I recommend storing at least 1 hour prior to devouring. This allows the flavors to combine**
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onions or 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Heat the diced bell pepper in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As you said, it's quick and easy and tastes great. Who doesn't love a fresh salsa...this didn't last long. I added slightly more tomatoes because I used a hotter pepper than jalepeno and it was way too spicy, and I used half a lime which may have been slightly more than called for. Thanks for sharing!