Recipe by StaceyB
I love spicy foods, and this spices up anything. You can always remove all of the jalapeno seeds if it is to hot, and of course you could keep all of the seeds if you like it hotter. I top my Spicy Mexican Meatloaf with this, but you can use it as a side for any dish.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 plum tomatoes or 1 roma tomato
- 2 jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, stems discarded
- 1 -2 teaspoon lime juice, fresh is better
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomato into quarters, wash and discard seeds.
- Halve jalapenos and discard seeds from one.
- Pat dry all of the vegetables before chopping.
- Chop onion and tomato.
- I like it chopped small.
- Mince jalapeno and cilantro.
- Mix together onion, tomato, jalapeno, lime juice, and enough cilantro to your tastes.
- Drain off any extra liquids.