Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this at a picnic and had to get the recipe. This one has lots of tomato and avocado.
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces white corn, drained and rinsed
- 5 -6 diced roma tomatoes
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 diced red onion
- 2 diced large avocados
- 2 diced jalapenos (optional)
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro leaf, no stems
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss dressing with the rest of the ingredients. If you are making this ahead of time toss the avocado with lemon juice before adding it to the rest to avoid browning. Chill at least 1 hour.
This was very good. Didn't get black eye'd peas - the grocery was out so substituted pinto beans - going with the southwestern theme. I made this in advance and the flavors melded really well overnight. Didn't even add the avocado yet - and not sure I will. It is perfectly good without the avocado! Thanks for posting!