Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
this goes well with terrines & pork pies.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 60 ml brandy (1/4 cup)
- 500 ml water (2 cups)
- 185 ml cider vinegar (3/4 cup)
- 300 g diced dried apricots
- 155 g brown sugar (3/4 cup, firmly packed)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until onion is soft.
- Add the brandy and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the water, vinegar, apricot and sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer stirring occasionally, for 40 mins or until the mixture reduces and thickens.
- Transfer to a clean dry jar.
- Seal and invert for 2 minutes.
This is a lovely tasty chutney. I added a bit more ginger than the recipe suggested because I love it. I think that this would be great with pork, too! Thanks for sharing.