1080 hrs 30 mins
A Fantastic way to use up your abundant tomato crop! Use whole Cherry Tomatoes or Slice larger varieties to about 1 inch thick. Make sure tomatoes are stemmed and cleaned of any debris.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sweet Vinegar Recipe
- 1Lightly prick each tomato in several places with a cocktail stick (skip this step if you are using sliced tomatoes).Arrange in a sterilised jar with the mint or basil.
- 2Pour in the Sweet Vinegar, making sure it covers the tomatoes by at least 1in (2.5cm). (Vinegar should be boiling hot.)
- 3Poke the tomatoes with a wooden skewer to ensure there are no air pockets.
- 4Weight down the tomatoes then seal using safe canning method.The tomatoes will be ready to eat in 4 - 6 weeks,but improve with longer keeping.
- 5To make Sugar Free Vinegar:.
- 6Put the vinegar and fruit juice in the pan, bring to the boil and skim well.
- 7Make a spice bag with remaining ingredients,add to the boiling vinegar mixture and boil for 10 minutes.
- 8Remove the spice bag,pour over tomatoes.
- 9NOTE: You can make this vinegar mix in larger quantities and it will keep for 2 years and can be used for loads of other things if sealed in hot sterilised jars.
- 10Cook time is actually time to preserve.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (2130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g