Pickled Green Tomatoes
- Ready In:
1 1/2 pints
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar and (1/4 tsp.) salt in a small pan.
- Bring to boiling, reduce and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Cook tomatoes and (1 tsp) salt covered in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain tomatoes, rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to 3 hot, clean dry 1/2 pint jars.
- Place 1 teaspoons of the dill seed and 1-2 serrano peppers into each jar.
- Pour pickling mixture over tomatoes. Be sure to leave 1/4" head space.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!