Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches each,scrape them up a bit
- 2 pieces of peeled ginger, cut 1/2 inch or 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 6 lbs pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 quart cider or 1 quart white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Tie together spice bag.
- In a large stainless or enamel pot combine sugar, vinegr, water and spicebag.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in Pumpkin and orange juice concentrate.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until just tender.
- Spoon pumpkin into clean hot pint jars.
- Ladle syrup into pumpkin filled jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Adjust canning time for higher altitudes.
Brilliant! I've been looking for a recipe like this for ages!