Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't remember where I found this but it's handy and tasty. I do this when the garlic is fresh and plump so I have some when the market doesn't. Good to cook with, just peel as needed.
- Separate garlic cloves, but do not peel.
- Place all ingredients in a large heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Reduce heat to moderate and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a large glass or ceramic jar large enough to hold garlic and the liquid.
- Tightly seal.
- Refrigerate at least 1 month before serving.
- The garlic improves with age.
Oh yumyumyum! TWoolfe, my friends whom I breathe upon shall curse your name, but I love your pickled garlic. :) Thank you! I'm thinking of tossing in some strips of jalapeno into the next batch.
Try this! It's really good. I did peel my garlic so I wouldn't have to do it as I ate the pickles. I found that for this much liquid, I could use way, way more garlic, probably triple this amount. I added a couple of allspice berries with the cloves and we thought this was excellent. Thank you T. Woolfe for posting.
Oh so good! I ate some straight from the pan and it's too good to keep too long. I quartered the recipe to test it and I love it so will make some more soon. The peppercorns are good too! I was going to post this recipe, but you had already done so. Thanks! :)