Recipe by Anna's Mom
I have no idea where I found this and have not tried it. Sounds good though and I don't want to lose it.
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crab boil seasoning
- 6 large garlic cloves, separated, blanched and skinned
- 1 lemon, zest of, peeled in continuous spiral
- 1 sprig fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 small whole red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, salt and crab-boil seasoning; bring to a boil. Add garlic and let steep for 10 minutes over very low heat.
- Line a sterilized 1 pint jar with the lemon zest; add the dill and red chile. Ladle in the garlic and enough liquid to cover. Cap and seal. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 3 to 4 days to allow flavors to marry. Garlic keeps up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.