Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The berries are nice with chicken and turkey and the remaining vinegar makes for great salad dressing.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups blackberries, washed and picked over
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole mace (one blade)
- In a stainless or enamel pot add all ingredients except berries.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and remove bay and mace.
- Place berries in clean hot jars, pour over vinegar mixture leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.