Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorite ways to have beets.
Make and share this Pickled Beet Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cut off stems and tips of fresh beets and cook until tender in boiling salted water (reserve 1/4 cup water).
- Cool beets. Slip off outer skin, slice thinly, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine reserved water with vinegar, sugar spices, and salt.
- Heat until boiling.
- Add beets, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Chill overnight.
- To serve, drain pickled beets and put on a bed of lettuce.
- Top with onion slices and sour cream.