Barb in WNY's Note:
One of my favorite ways to have beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off stems and tips of fresh beets and cook until tender in boiling salted water (reserve 1/4 cup water).
- 2Cool beets. Slip off outer skin, slice thinly, and set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine reserved water with vinegar, sugar spices, and salt.
- 4Heat until boiling.
- 5Add beets, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Chill overnight.
- 7To serve, drain pickled beets and put on a bed of lettuce.
- 8Top with onion slices and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: