Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks really good. It's from Sara's Secrets on the food network. It's actually an open faced sandwich. Note: Since Arctic char is rather hard to find and expensive to get your hands on, I have substituted salmon for this recipe. This was posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 6 ounces boneless skinless salmon
- kosher salt, as needed
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- chopped peeled fresh ginger
Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 inch section lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced whole wheat bread (about 3 by 3-inches wide), as needed.
- To make the Arctic Char:
- Thinly slice the Arctic char into 1/4-inch thick slices and rub them with kosher salt. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and ginger. Put the arctic char in the vinegar mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad:
- Using a Japanese-style mandolin, julienne the cucumber and transfer to a bowl. Add the lemon juice and peel, sugar, and dill. Season with sea salt, to taste.
- To make the Horseradish Cream:
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spread the bread slices with the cream and top with the Arctic char and cucumber salad.