Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve as an appetizer or party pick-up food.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl (glass or stainless).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the chicken on skewers.
- Grill until tender (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve warm.
I threw these together yesterday. My dh has been on a lowfat diet kick for a couple of months now, and I wanted to throw something new into the mix. I didn't marinade overnight because I didn't want it to be too overwhelming. I also added bell pepper, and onion slices to my kabobs, and made zucchini and mushroom kabobs as well. Ended up basting everything with extra marinade before cooking. YUM! It was very tasty and good. Perfect dinner for a chilly night. Thanks for sharing.
The marinade on this is delicious. I didn't cut up the chicken, just grilled breast halves, and we had it for our main course. This was wonderful!