Recipe by Sara 76
This is from Jamie Oliver's Ministry Of Food cookbook. I love the idea behind it, so I thought I would share it with you. The idea is simple, you choose 1 ingredient from each section, and build your salad from the ground up, to suit your tastes! You then dress it with a salad dressing of your choice. Use the measurements included as a guide only (I haven't added measurements for each ingredient, just an example in each category), as that is all up too you also! There are no rules, just choose your 6 ingredients, and build your own great salad!
Top Review by Katanashrp
Thank you for this great salad guide. I used romaine, radicchio, butter lettuce, purple cherry tomatoes, jersey tomatoes, radishes, parsley, avocado, pepper-jack cheese and whole wheat sesame sticks. I used a homemade vinaigrette and it was a real treat. Thank you.
- 1 round lettuce
- oakleaf lettuce
- lamb's lettuce
- 1 cos lettuce
- little gem lettuce
- chicory lettuce
- 59.16 ml of fresh mint
- fresh basil
- fresh flat leaf parsley
- fresh rocket
- 1 cucumber
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- creamy blue cheese
- 29.58 ml mixed seeds, toasted
- pine nuts, toasted
- rustic crouton
- pappadams, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose an ingredient from each of the 6 groups above.
- Wash and spin dry the soft and crunchy leaves.
- Pick the herby leaves off their stalks.
- Finely slice or peel the veg and shave, tear or crumble up the cheese.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl.
- Dress simply with your choice of dressing, and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Divide the salad between your serving bowls and sprinkle over your chosen topping.