1/2 Photos of Pick-And-Mix Salad
Sara 76's Note:
This is from Jamie Oliver's Ministry Of Food cookbook. I love the idea behind it, so I thought I would share it with you. The idea is simple, you choose 1 ingredient from each section, and build your salad from the ground up, to suit your tastes! You then dress it with a salad dressing of your choice. Use the measurements included as a guide only (I haven't added measurements for each ingredient, just an example in each category), as that is all up too you also! There are no rules, just choose your 6 ingredients, and build your own great salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Choose an ingredient from each of the 6 groups above.
- 2Wash and spin dry the soft and crunchy leaves.
- 3Pick the herby leaves off their stalks.
- 4Finely slice or peel the veg and shave, tear or crumble up the cheese.
- 5Toss everything together in a large bowl.
- 6Dress simply with your choice of dressing, and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- 7Divide the salad between your serving bowls and sprinkle over your chosen topping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pick-And-Mix Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 446.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: