Recipe by Manami
This recipe is courtesy of Cocina Cubana club/Pascual Perez/Sonia Martinez. The following is served with rice or as a filling in the "Pastelittos de Carne". It can be made with ground lean beef or turkey.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Very easy and good! I used a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce and it was fine. In fact, I would hesitate to use less, the dish would be very dry. In the future, I think I will reduce the amount of olives and increase the amount of raisins, strictly for taste preference. Served with rice and plantains. Would definitely make again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown the meat, onions and garlic.
- Pour out whatever fat you may render.
- Turn heat down to low; add tomato sauce and wine.
- While it simmers, chop up the pimento stuffed olives and add to meat mixture.
- Add raisins & adjust the seasonings.
- Serve on a bed of rice.