Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually make home made pizza but one day I wanted to combine my cheese steaks with my pizza and hence the recipe--perfected the first time. This is just wonderful!
- 1 pizza dough (for cookie sheet)
- 4 thin sandwich steaks, chopped in 2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 Spanish onions or 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese Whiz
- 1 teaspoon milk (have also used more cheddar melted with milk, texture off but good)
- black pepper
- italian seasoning (basil or oregano)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- Marinate steak for at least 2 hours in soya, Worcestershire and garlic powder.
- Spread dough on cookie sheet. This is easy if olive oil is spread around the dough first.
- Bake dough at 300°F for about 10 minutes. This is best since the pizza is moist.
- Sauté peppers, onions and mushrooms until tender, set aside.
- Fast fry steak until brown.
- Spread sauce on pizza.
- Sprinkle on steak and sautéed veggies.
- Melt cheese whiz with milk in microwave for approx 1 minute, stirring mid way; drizzle all over pizza.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Top with grated cheddar.
- Bake on 350°F for approx 20 minute.
- Pizza usually depends on your oven and pan so it may be necessary to adjust temperature or cooking time and check the bottom as cooking.