Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am posting this recipe by request. I am glad it was requested I haven't made in in years and it is very good. A whole meal in a wok!
- 1 lb raw prawns
- 1 lb thin egg noodles
- 3 -4 tablespoons lard or 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & flaked
- 1 cup pork, cooked & cut in fine strips
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked,cut in thin strips
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan immerse prawns for 1-2 minutes until they turn pink.
- Save 1 cup of the prawn stock.
- Dash the prawns in cold water, peel& devein them.
- If they are large cut into 3 pieces.
- Cook your noodles.
- Soak noodles in warm water, drain.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Cook noodles for 2 minutes or until just tender (do not overcook).
- Drain them and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread them out and allow to dry for at least 30 minutes, spray with a little oil.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large wok or skillet, when very hot fry the noodles, a few at a time, they should be golden, remove as they are done and keep warm.
- If necessary add a bit more oil and fry the garlic, onion, prawns, chicken, pork& Ham (take out a bit of the meats to garnish the finished dish).
- Add cabbage, soy, prawn stock, salt& pepper.
- Cook uncovered until the liquid has all but evaporated.
- Add noodles, heat through.
- Place on a platter garnish with the reserved meats and wedges of lemon.
DELICIOUS!! And easy!! We have decided to do a Polynesian night at our house around this dish. Thanks so much for posting.