I am posting this recipe by request. I am glad it was requested I haven't made in in years and it is very good. A whole meal in a wok!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb raw prawns
- 1 lb thin egg noodles
- 3 -4 tablespoons lard or 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & flaked
- 1 cup pork, cooked & cut in fine strips
- 1/2 cup ham, cooked,cut in thin strips
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 1Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan immerse prawns for 1-2 minutes until they turn pink.
- 2Save 1 cup of the prawn stock.
- 3Dash the prawns in cold water, peel& devein them.
- 4If they are large cut into 3 pieces.
- 5Cook your noodles.
- 6Soak noodles in warm water, drain.
- 7Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- 8Cook noodles for 2 minutes or until just tender (do not overcook).
- 9Drain them and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread them out and allow to dry for at least 30 minutes, spray with a little oil.
- 10Meanwhile heat the oil in a large wok or skillet, when very hot fry the noodles, a few at a time, they should be golden, remove as they are done and keep warm.
- 11If necessary add a bit more oil and fry the garlic, onion, prawns, chicken, pork& Ham (take out a bit of the meats to garnish the finished dish).
- 12Add cabbage, soy, prawn stock, salt& pepper.
- 13Cook uncovered until the liquid has all but evaporated.
- 14Add noodles, heat through.
- 15Place on a platter garnish with the reserved meats and wedges of lemon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philippine Pancit Guisado (Fried Noodles with mixed meats)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 1127.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: