Recipe by Chef Otaktay
very good snacks or appetizers:) kinda like those pizza bagels at the store:) very yummy
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 -115 degrees)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup bread flour or 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- pizza sauce (see below)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 ounces Italian turkey sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms, cooked until soft
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare crust, place warm water in small bowl. Sprinkle yeast and sugar
- on top; stir to combine. Let stand 10 minutes or until bubbly. Combine flours and.
- salt in medium bowl. Stir in oil and yeast mixture; mix until smooth. Remove
- dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- and elastic. Place dough in medium bowl sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Turn dough in bowl so top is coated with cooking spray; cover with towel.
- Let rise in warm place 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch down dough;.
- place on lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes more. Cover with towel.
- and let rise 20 minutes more. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 32
- circles with 2-inch cookie or biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet sprayed
- with cooking spray. (Combine scraps of dough and roll out again to obtain 32
- circles, if necessary. Prepare Pizza Sauce (recipe below).
- Place about 1/2 tsp
- sauce on each dough round. Spread sauce gently, leaving a small border of crust.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine bell pepper and onion in small bowl.
- Evenly sprinkle on top of sauce. Place sausage on half the pizzas and 1 or 2
- mushroom slices on each of remaining pizzas. Evenly sprinkle cheeses on pizzas.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately. (to reheat, warm
- pizzas in 250 degree oven 10 minutes.) Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.