2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Pete from Tres Pinos, CA's Note:
Although I am Italian, our good friend Olga is Mexican and has given me some great ideas. This is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, in 1 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano (Mexican)
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Las Palmas)
- 1 (16 ounce) green enchilada sauce (small can or Herdz)
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Boil pork gently for 20 minutes.
- 2Sauté boiled pork in 3 tbsp olive oil until browned and almost crusty, and set aside.
- 3Sauté onion, in stock pot, in 3 tbsp olive oil, adding green pepper, serrano pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic as you go- in that order.
- 4Add pork.
- 5Then add enchilada sauce and green sauce.
- 6Simmer, covered about 45 minutes.
- 7Just before done check for seasonings and add cilantro.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pete's & Olga's Chili Verde
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.0
- Calories from Fat 572
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 695.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 41.6 g