I am always looking for recipes that my boyfriend, Bill, can take to work for his lunch. I like to make sure they include both some protein and carbs, since he does heavy physical labor and needs to be appropriately refueled. I came up with this recipe, which met those requirements, and it tastes great, too! It's simple, quick, and travels well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, mix tuna, pesto, pepper, mayonnaise, cheese, olives, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to tuna mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This makes a quick, easy, and tasty lunch. I didn't have rotini, but used small shells instead. Also omiited the olives as I don't care for them. Thanks for posting Jackie!
I made this for lunch today and enjoyed it immensely. My BF also thought it was tasty. The mayo and pesto blended together very well. I only used a small can of olives as I thought 8 oz would be overkill. Thanks for sharing:)
I made it for lunch and we didn't wait the 30 minutes requested. It was still good. I'm sure it's even tastier now. That recipes gives a lot. I can say more than 4 servings (for us). So it's going to be perfect for our lunches. Thanks Jackie. Made for 123 hit wonders