This is good as an appetizer, serve with toothpicks or as a very good pasta salad. I first tried this recipe for Stephanie's Bat Mitzvah.
- Chop parsley in a blender or food processor.
- With motor still running, add pine nuts, garlic cloves, basil and salt.
- Continue processing until garlic is finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Then stop machine and fold in parmesan cheese.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer at room temperature with toothpicks.
- Or serve chilled as a salad.
- Can also serve warm as a pasta dish.