This is good as an appetizer, serve with toothpicks or as a very good pasta salad. I first tried this recipe for Stephanie's Bat Mitzvah.
- Chop parsley in a blender or food processor.
- With motor still running, add pine nuts, garlic cloves, basil and salt.
- Continue processing until garlic is finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Then stop machine and fold in parmesan cheese.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer at room temperature with toothpicks.
- Or serve chilled as a salad.
- Can also serve warm as a pasta dish.
I used pre-made pesto & whole wheat tortellini. I tried a small bowl warm, and then refrigerated the rest. I took the cold leftovers as lunch with me the next day... it was so tasty and even better then! definitely a keeper, very versatile. thanks!
A lifesaver! We hadn't been to the grocery store in a while and I was scrounging for something to make for dinner last night. I was delighted to find a tasty-looking recipe that had such staple ingredients. We substituted the spaghetti for tortellini (since that's what we had) and halved the oil. It was still a bit oily for my tastes. I might substitute some water for some of the oil next time. The taste, though, was absolutely fantastic!
I loved it; this is definitely going to be a make-again recipe. I will change one thing though; I thought the 2/3 cup of olive oil was FAR too much. Please note however that I am not one for fatty foods. I will definitely make this with 1/2 cup next time, maybe even less. Thank you so much for the recipe, mandabears! =)