Interesting combo of flavors. Easy to prepare and guest-worthy.
Make and share this Pesto-Stuffed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Cut deep pockets in one side of chops.
- Mix croutons, pesto sauce, tomatoes and Tabasco, if using. Stuff pork chops.
- Stand pork chops on end; uncut side down, so that stuffing is at the top.
- Pour white wine around chops.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 F; for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking about 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove chops to heated plates.
- Stir in about 1/3 cup additional wine or water and 2 teaspoon cornstarch to sauce.
- Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Serve sauce by drizzling around chops.
I followed the recipe but didn't get the same result as others who rated it highly. The sauce was thin and pretty bland. The sauce looked nothing like the picture. I also felt that there was too much pesto in the stuffing. I love pesto but the flavor totally overwhelmed the dish for me.
OUTSTANDING! easy and so good, I used my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto I have tons in the freezer! My chops were about 1-1/2 inch thick, I love this recipe, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)
This was really good Caroline. Totally easy to make, but looked and tasted like a lot more work. The flavors were great together! I had pork tenderloin thawed so I just made a pocket and used that. Next time i'm going to try taking the porrk out of the pan when done cooking and stir in a dollop of creme fraiche (sp!) or a bit of cream to the pan drippings. That's not because the wine sauce wasn't enought, I just thought I'd like a creamy sauce.