Leeanne's Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 (5 ounce) thick boneless pork chops
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or swiss cheese)
- 3 tablespoons hellman mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute garlic and onions.
- FILLING: Squeeze spinach to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings.
- Trim chops of visible fat.
- Cut a slit about 3/4 of the way horizontally through the pork chops to form a pocket.
- Fill each chop with 1/4 of the filling.
- Press down on all sides of chops to enclose filling, although some may still show.
- BAKING WITH SAUCE: Place stuffed pork chops in bottom of baking dish.
- Place mushrooms in pan around the pork chops.
- Mix the liquid sauce ingredients together and pour over the chops and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until piping hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great!! I love all the ingredients and so I knew I would like these. I've never done pork with beer before though, it ends up tasting almost like a wine sauce. Very tasty!! I didn't have any Dale's Steak Sauce but I used a combination of soy sauce, onion and garlic powder, sugar, ginger and paprika as suggested by Beachgirl. This is going into my make all the time file!! Thanks Beachgirl.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,