Leeanne's Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 (5 ounce) thick boneless pork chops
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or swiss cheese)
- 3 tablespoons hellman mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute garlic and onions.
- FILLING: Squeeze spinach to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings.
- Trim chops of visible fat.
- Cut a slit about 3/4 of the way horizontally through the pork chops to form a pocket.
- Fill each chop with 1/4 of the filling.
- Press down on all sides of chops to enclose filling, although some may still show.
- BAKING WITH SAUCE: Place stuffed pork chops in bottom of baking dish.
- Place mushrooms in pan around the pork chops.
- Mix the liquid sauce ingredients together and pour over the chops and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until piping hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great!! I love all the ingredients and so I knew I would like these. I've never done pork with beer before though, it ends up tasting almost like a wine sauce. Very tasty!! I didn't have any Dale's Steak Sauce but I used a combination of soy sauce, onion and garlic powder, sugar, ginger and paprika as suggested by Beachgirl. This is going into my make all the time file!! Thanks Beachgirl.