Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple dish. If you use the already made pesto in the refrigerated section, people will think you worked forever to make this. I can not eat this—I’m allergic to seafood--but my family tells me it’s wonderful (I hate them).
- 1 (1 lb) package penne pasta, cooked according to the package
- 1 (7 ounce) containerof refrigerated pesto sauce, divided (or make one if you like)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and slice about 2 cups
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and divined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toss the hot penne pasta with 3 tablespoons of pesto sauce. Put pasta on large platter and cover to keep warm.
- Over medium high heat, cook the peppers and onion in oil 8 minutes. Add the zucchini, shrimp and salt; cook for 8 more minutes or until the shrimp are opaque, stirring frequently.
- Top the pasta with mixture; add the remaining pesto and toss.