Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This little piece of heaven first came to me during lunch break at work. I almost lost it when I tasted the salty/savory combination of pepperoni, turkey and ham with pesto and mozzarella cheese. It just doesn't get any better...Directions are per sandwich.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice deli ham
- 1 slice deli turkey
- 2 pepperoni slices
- 1 -2 tablespoon pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- Heat skillet over medium-high.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Grease heated skillet with butter or cooking spray.
- Place one piece of bread in skillet, buttered side down.
- Carefully spread pesto on this piece of bread using a spoon.
- Top with 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of turkey and 2 large pepperoni slices, then slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Finally, place 2nd piece of bread, butter side up, on sandwich.
- Brown lightly on both sides, eat immediately.
What a delicious sandwich! It's a great choice when you're looking for something a little different, and it would pair nicely with tomato soup. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2008.