Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy-to-throw-together, incredibly delicious appetizer that can be whipped up in just a couple of minutes. I'm sure you and your guests will love it as much as we do! Be sure to use the best quality tortillas you can find (we use homemade from the local Mexican bakery).
- 2 ounces goat cheese (adjust amount to suit size of tortilla)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce, preferrably homemade (adjust amount to suit size of tortilla)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (good quality)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over med/med high heat.
- Meanwhile, spread one side of one tortilla with goat cheese. Spread one side of the other tortilla with pesto.
- Sandwich tortillas together with the filling on the inside.
- When oil is hot, add the quesadilla to the pan. Cook until the bottom side is crispy and golden brown.
- Flip quesadilla and continue cooking on the remaining side. If necessary, you may add a splash more olive oil at this step.
- When quesadilla is golden brown and crispy on both sides, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Slice into 6-8 servings (depending on size) and serve hot.
This was great - really liked the mix of flavors but I felt like it was a little too oily what with the cheese, pesto and frying. Might try to crisp it in the oven next time.
MMMM! Goat cheese is one of my most favorite cheeses and this recipe just totally rocked my world! I used low carb tortillas and probably 3 1/2 oz of goat cheese. I didnt have homemade pesto but the jarred didnt hurt the recipe. YUM! SUPER EASY as well which was a plus:)
By a sheer stroke of luck I had both these ingredients fresh in the fridge (making the tortillas from scratch was the most time consuming bit!). I served this as a main dish, with a rocket salad on the side(drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice). Nice and light, and a super easy summertime supper!