Recipe by cristibell
This recipe has been in my family for quite a while, my grandma in Spain was a gourmet cook and she has passed it on to my Dad and he passed it on to me... My family loves when I make it and I would like to share it with all of you as it is very healthy.
Top Review by Isaac Moreno
This recipe is fantastically delicious, yet incredibly simple to make. Not quite a traditional Mediterranean meal, nor quite Spanish nouvelle cuisine, alas somewhere in the between does the majestic mix of intense flavors of this dish lay. I prepared it for a dinner party (doubling the amounts, naturally), and the response from all my guests was unanimous; simply wonderful.
- 1 lb white fish fillet (hake, turbot or similar)
- 16 -24 clams (4-6 per person)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup parsley, chopped up (dried or fresh)
- 1 cup white wine (chardonnay is my favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, chopped up
- 1 tablespoon flour
- olive oil (xtra virgin will make the difference)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (optional)
- 1 cup potato, cut into cubes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-cooking: Scrub clams and leave soaking in icy water until ready to cook; Chop up onion, garlic and parsley in small pieces.
- Cooking steps: It's important to follow the steps, it will make a lot of difference to the taste of your meal.
- In a deep pan put olive oil and once warm stir in your finely chopped onion, once it is getting brown you will want to add the garlic and the parsley, at this point you will add the Tbsp. of flour and mix well.
- Add your clams and stir consistently for a couple minutes then add your white wine.
- Once the clams have opened add 1 cup of water to the pan and add the optional ingredients (peas and potatoes) and bring to boil.
- discard any clams that haven't opened.
- Add the fish, which will be done in about 10-15 minutes.
- I add a bit more white wine before serving, but it is not neccessary.
- **serveon a nice big plate a piece of fish, 4-6 clams a bit of potatoes and peas and place a couple leaves of parsley for decoration.
- this is great as the main dish and served with some rice on the side or cous-cous.