Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Yahoo! Foods. Times are approx.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (new potatoes or a mixture of purple, white, and sweet potatoes)
- 8 ounces cheese (Muenster, white Mexican cheese, feta, or cottage cheese)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 small serrano chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, to taste
- lettuce (to garnish)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in quarters
- 12 olives
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks. Boil them until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and let cool in a medium-size bowl.
- Combine the cheese, half & half or evaporated milk, the chilis, onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, and turmeric in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Lay a bed of lettuce on a serving plate. Place the potato salad on top. Garnish with the hard-boiled eggs and olives.