Recipe by Shannon 24
Found this in a magazine that came in the mail. Posted here for safekeeping - haven't tried yet.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup tomato sauce, plain
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quarted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease six 1 1/2 cup individual baking dishes.
- In a large skillet over medium high neat, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Add carrot, green pepper and mushrooms and cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add the peas and tomato sauce, bring to a simmer, then lower heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared dishes.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes until tender. Mash with milk and margarine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon potatoes over meat mixture and swirl the tops.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until potatoes are lightly browned and meat mixture is bubbly.