Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Ny mom's recipe--tastes great and easy to make. makes 48 cookies
Make and share this Persimmon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- mash pulp through sieve and measure. Then dissolve the soda in the pulp.
- Sift and measure flour, spices and salt together.
- Add small amount of flour to raisins and nuts.
- Cream shortening and sugar together then add beaten egg.
- Add pulp mixture and dry ingredients mix well.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake in oven heated to 400°F for 14 minutes.
- Cookies keep well.