My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the meat and add about 1 and 1/2 cups water.
- 2Add tomato paste, turmeric, cinnamon, saffron and salt and pepper and sauteed onion.
- 3Cook covered ata simmer for about 1 and 1/2 to two hours.
- 4Meat should be tender and nearly falling apart stage.
- 5You may need to add water during cooking but you shouldn't end up with more than the stated amount.
- 6You don't want a watery stew.
- 7In the meantime, seed the pumpkin and slice into 2X2 inch pieces and peel.
- 8Brown on both sides in corn oil.
- 9The pumpkin should become brown in some places and somewhat flexible but not totally cooked.
- 10Add to meat and cook covered an additional 20-30 minutes until tender but not falling apart.
- 11A fork should go into the pumpkin easily but not break it up.
- 12Add the prunes the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 13They shouldn't really cook too much but should get warm.
- 14Serve over hot basmatic rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Lamb or Beef Pumpkin Stew
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1413.6
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 303.9 mg
- Sodium 638.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 87.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: