Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe on the back of the bag of York Mint Peppermint Patties (premier baking pieces) and I posted it here so that I didn't lose it. Can't wait to make these!
Top Review by mailbelle
These taste great! I was worried that the mint might be too strong, but it wasn't. I had a problem with the brownies sticking to the pan really bad even though the pan had been greased, and I'm not quite why that happened.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa, Hershey's
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted and divided (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup water, boiling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups peppermint patties, Mint, York
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Add boiling water and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup of the melted butter; stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely.
- Stir in peppermint patties.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.