Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf. My family's favorite everyday bread... Soft, fluffy, fresh, and light... Smells great, but tastes even better. After trying many bread machine recipes and adjusting them to taste, this one is white bread perfection!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- margarine (for after the loaf is cooked)
- Add ingredients in order suggested by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Recommended cycle for your machine would be the "basic" or "white" setting for large loaves.
- Remove from pan while hot and smear with margarine to keep the crust soft and fresh.
- Smear all sides and let cool for one hour on a cooling rack before cutting.
Great recipe. I made the dough in the bread machine, then split it into 2 loaf pans, let it rise for 30 minutes before baking it at 350 for 20 minutes. Absolutely perfect bread!
This bread tastes really good. I like the idea of having butter, olive oil, vanilla and sugar to flavor the bread. I used a full 2 teaspoons of yeast but the bread did not rise very high at all. Next time I will use 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast. I rubbed the loaf with butter after it came out of the bread maker. Once cooled, I stored it in an Zip-loc bag. That kept the crust soft. The bread tasted great, even the following day.