Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
If you have extra bananas this is a good way to use them. "A quick banana bread for the bread machine. Use the DOUGH setting for mixing, then BAKE with the control set to light."
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine.
- Select the Dough setting, and press Start. Mix the bread for 3 to 5 minutes until the bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push the dough from the sides of the bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on the clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing.
- Smooth out the top of the loaf with the rubber spatula.
- Select the Bake setting, and press Start. The Bake cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about 50 minutes. To test the bread for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center top. Remove the toothpick. If the bread is done, the toothpick will come out clean. If there is dough on the toothpick, reset the machine on Bake and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Test again with the toothpick to assure the bread is completely baked. Remove the pan from the machine, but allow the bread to remain in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great recipe! Very simple I already have it memorized after just one loaf. I am making 2 more today as well to use up my bananas. I used the quick bread setting on my machine and set it to light and mine came out perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. Hubby already ate 4 pieces (on his lunch break). He rated it 4 stars, but I added one because it was so easy and quick.Reply
Thanks for posting an easy recipe for those hot summer days. I'm not a banana bread fan, but my husband and children gave this a 4* rating. I made it exactly as written but added 1/2-3/4 cup of raisins for added fibre. They said that the banana bread I cook in the oven is better, but for hot days, this is perfect. The light crust cycle on my bread machine did not overly brown the loaf so it looked great.Reply
The perfect way to make banana bread in the bread maker! I have a Cuisineart that has a quick bread baking option, and it worked out really well. I will warn that it got a little too brown for my tastes, even on the 'light' crust mode. I recommend using the one pound loaf setting and adding another whole banana. Last night I got an 'ew, that looks burnt!' when I went to bed, and I woke up with half of the loaf gone. Thank you for sharing!Reply
see 1 more