Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are incredibly addictive tender and chewy chocolately, rich cookies. Great with M&Ms or a few nuts tossed in. For flatter cookies use margarine.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup two sticks butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and or nuts.
- Dropped by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
This was a very easy recipe to make. The cocoa gave it an extra "pop" of chocolate which made them REALLY good. This will go in my keep recipe box! Thanks :)