Recipe by pauletteburton
This bread turns out soft as the 1/2 white 1/2 wheat recipe, but is better for you. Makes 5 loaves.
- 6 cups warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups hard white wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups hard red wheat flour
- 2 cups high gluten bread flour
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons bread enhancer
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 5 cups whole wheat flour (more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Mix well.
- Add whole wheat flour until dough is sticky but not wet.
- Turn out onto oiled surface. Divide into 5 even portions. Put into greased bread pans.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise @ 1/2 hour or until a slight rise is visible.
- bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn out baked loaves onto cooling rack and let cool at least 1 hour before slicing or putting into a bag. Freezes well for 1 month if tightly wrapped.