This is a very nutritious, crisp/crunchy cool spring or summer sandwich. Use Vegan Mayo to make this a vegan dish.
- 2 slices bread, except plain white (squaw, sourdough or hearty wheat are my favorites)
- regular mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 4 -6 slices tomatoes, thin
- 1 -2 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- red bell pepper, rings
- red onion ring
- romaine lettuce or other tasty lettuce
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- Lay out bread slices or split roll.
- Spread both sides with mayonnaise to taste.
- On left side, place avocado slices, and "smash" them to make a smooth layer of avocado.
- Place tomato slices over avocado.
- Place cheese on tomato slices.
- Place red pepper rings next, and cover with red onion rings.
- Next, add the sprouts if desired.
- Top this with lettuce, then cover with top bread slice or roll top.
- Note: I don't recommend cucumber on this sandwich.
Fantastic sandwich, I doubled and made one for the DM and myself. I used a chia thick sliced wholemeal but had to omit the onion (I had forgotten to buy with the avocado) and as we don't get monterey cheese here I used slices of vintage cheddar and a whole egg mayo and iceberg lettuce. Thank you sunriverose, made for Bargain Basement.