Recipe by GarlicFingers
You'll never want to spend the money on a rice cooker after trying this recipe. It is so easy I never thought it would work. But it makes perfect, fluffy Basmati (or Jasmine or long grain white rice). You cook the rice like you would pasta. Yea, it's that simple.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add rice (and salt, if using) and stir. Bring back to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes partially covered, stirring once.
- Drain water well and place back into warm pan, Cover and let sit OFF HEAT until ready to serve. I wait at least 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- If using an electric stove, you may need to use 2 burners to reduce the heat to a simmer more quickly (one for high temperature, one for medium-low or low).
- Makes plain, fluffy rice. Adjust seasonings as you wish. (Salt, chicken stock, saffron, raisins, almonds etc.).
- Times are for 10 minute cook and 10 minute rest.