Basil Basmati Rice
From Coup de Pouce. This is done in 30 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- In a saucepan, bring to boil the rice and water. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer at low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, reduce the basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a rough puree. Incorporate the basil mixture to the rice and stir.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more