Recipe by Cassachusetts
I found this recipe somewhere on the internet and it sounded good. I haven't made it yet but I thought I'd share it. =) The rich texture of pumpkin makes a great alternative to tomato sauce, served over whole wheat or gluten free pasta for a main dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable stock (strong)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (or non-dairy creamer)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté 3 cloves of crushed garlic and one finely chopped onion in olive oil until clear.
- Add 2 cans pumpkin (or one pound cooked fresh pumpkin) and 1 cup of very strong vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- After five minutes, add ½ cup heavy cream or nondairy milk and a dash of nutmeg and salt.
- Whisk until smooth, then pour over whole wheat pasta and garnish with grated cheese.