Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dough is great, way better than store bought.
Make and share this Perfect Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in water and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Combline flour and salt. Make a well in the flour and work half the yeast mixture into well with your fingers.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and work in the remaining yeast mixture.
- Turn dough out onto flat surface and knead 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Shape into ball and place in large greased bowl, turning dough to grease top.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45-60 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board roll each half into a 13-14 inch circle about 1/8-inch thick, leaving the edge thicker.
- Sprinkle corn meal on pizza pan or pizza stone. Place dough in pan, rub a tablespoons of olive oil over dough surface and top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minute until crisp and brown.